Thursday, November 22, 2007

First Snow of the Season

cold catcher

Happy Thanksgiving!

We got our first flakes of winter today. It did not affect travel too much so we made it to my mom's safely. She only lives about 20 minutes from our house.

Today was actually Second Thanksgiving for my family because we had the big Thanksgiving last Sunday so my sister and her family could be there, too. They went to her in-laws' house today.

Nobody felt like cooking again so we were treated to a free dinner at Old Country Buffet by the brother of a friend. I ate too much roast beef and then I ate too much dessert. My body has had its fill of turkey this week so I went for something different. It paid off as it was the best roast beef I've had in a while.

There are so many things to be thankful for this year, such as the healthy births of a niece and a nephew, the birth of In My Head Studios, learning more about myself as an artist, the ability to try new art techniques, finding Etsy, the continued good health of my family, the engagement of my best friend to a fantastic guy, and the continuation of my romance of a lifetime. I am so lucky to be surrounded by family and friends who love and respect me, the community of artists I have found in 3D and online, and the knowledge and experience we all have been sharing. Despite some tough times these past few months, things are on a whole looking good for me and I am VERY thankful for that.

I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

5 comments:

Cher of StuStuStudio said...

Live your scrolled snow shot! It was a magnificant snow, was it not? I had the same urge to photograph the snow, it's been a while since we've had one so photogenic!
(See www.tomcher.blogspot.com for another 'snow job').

Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

Cher

Anonymous said...

My sister saw a few snowflakes (and, no doubt, human flakes) at the Cowboys game yesterday.

I'm thankful for all kinds of stuff, including you and all you're doing. Yup!

Nicole said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. glad to hear you had a nice thanksgiving. that's a fun photo of the snow--

we've only had a little bit here so far but probably will see more soon!

Vickie @ In My Head Studios said...

there are a few more snow pictures at my flickr page. click on the photo of the "cold catcher".

Anonymous said...

Good to see that it's anowing other places too. We had our first snow here in Finland about two weeks ago. Have a nice day and take care!

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis