Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Thickest Paper EVER

The vat had quite a bit of paper pulp left in at the end of purple paper making. Since this pulp will ruin my plumbing if I just toss it down the drain, it had to be strained through my deckle into the sink. I was left with a sheet that when wet is about ¼” thick! It has been sitting under heavy books and newspaper for 2 days. It still is not dry. I changed the newspaper out for dry paper today and added more cloth.

The weight is like heavy cardboard, kind of like egg crate material. I cannot wait to make something out of it. I’ll post pictures as soon as it is completely dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the paper dry yet? I've been waiting to see pictures!

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis