Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dinner Deliciousness

I found this Deluxe, Divine Chicken Divan recipe on Foodnetwork.com about a year ago. I don’t know about you but no 30-minute-meal ever takes me 30 minutes. I’m more of a 45-60 minute-meal girl. But this one is so delicious it’s worth all the work.

We like mushrooms in my house so I add two packages of sliced brown mushrooms to this recipe and it works out really well. My hunny gobbles this meal up so fast I wonder why I worked so hard to make it. But his gobbling is a compliment. We both oooh and mmmmmmmm all through eating it every time I make it.

I suppose if I could eyeball measurements and had minions to zest lemons for me it would take 30 minutes to make. Alas, it’s just me and measuring cups in my kitchen. But my hunny did make the substituted broccoli tonight and that shaved off some time. Broccoli works just fine for the asparagus part and is better for our budget.

I highly recommend that you try it just once. It’s so wonderful that you could make it for a dinner party. The rice is so lemony. I used thyme my hunny grew for me in our kitchen herb garden. Really, you should go try it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis