Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cartoon Driver


My car just has a tape player and a radio so no CDs for me while driving. But that’s OK because we have the best radio station in the world here. WBER is a totally indie music station that operates out of the Monroe County BOCES program. It has been around since 1985. I love it because they play great alternative music AND have no 10 minute long commercial breaks. Check out the website and listen if you’re into indie music. And check it out even if you aren't. You might like it!

Lately though, in an effort to calm my rattled brain, I have been listening to classical in the car. The station is one hop up from WBER so it’s also convenient. But it leaves me feeling like I’m driving around in a Looney Tunes cartoon! (Listen to this link with your eyes closed!) Do you know what I’m talking about? I have to remind myself I’m in the real world and laws of physics apply to me. But I want to say to my hunny, “Hey, buckle your seat belt. I saw this in a cartoon, but I think we can make it.”

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

A funny thing about classical music. There are times it makes me unsettled..
Now isn't that crazy? It is up and then down and I can't seem to relax.
Of course it could be me and my mood.

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis