Monday, June 6, 2011

Birds and Bees

I am thrilled to be in this beautiful Etsy Treasury curated by Honey From the Bee! It features members of the Etsy Twitter Team.

Photobucket

That's my "Home Sweet Home" Domino Pendant in the second row, second from the left. That design is made from a larger image I created specifically for my domino pendants.

Home Sweet Home Nesting Bird Collage - Altered Domino Fine Art Jewelry Pendant :: Close

The original artwork is about 6" by 3" - roughly the dimensions of a domino just bigger. I collaged the house and stitched around the edges of it with red thread. Then I adhered the bird and nest to it. I scanned this larger work into my computer and shrunk it down to domino size. I printed "home sweet home" in a really tiny letters and backed the words with red cardstock to add more dimension.

This domino pendant is one of my favorite designs! I have a thing for birds and houses lately.

- Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis