Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's On My Art Table Today?


What's On My Desk?

A mess?

A Tiny Work of Awesome?

Both?!

Yes!*

* It's your lucky day!

The Mess:

This is the usual state of things on my work table. I make tiny things. I work in tiny spaces. I use a lot of tools.

The Tiny Work of Awesome (Domino Pendant):

That is an original, one-of-a-kind, paper and mixed media collage on the domino pendant in the middle of the photo. The artwork measures approximately 3/4 inch x 1 9/16 inch. Yes, it is very small as you can see from the scale of the items around it.

The different layers of the flower are made of various papers. I hand cut all those little pieces of paper. I only use a punch for 1/8 inch and 1/16 inch circles.

I paint and collage all of my paper by hand. The stamped designs are stamps I created myself from various found objects, craft foam, or cardboard. The word "bloom" is also hand stamped.

This domino pendant isn't sealed properly yet. I've just now finished the paper part. (Let me know if you are interested in it though.)

Plus there is a mess of other potential Tiny Works of Awesome on my table!

Look! More dominoes! More stamped and painted paper! Wheeee!

Over at flickr there are notes on the picture above! I've marked the image with words telling what stuff is! It's amazing!

- Vickie

4 comments:

MagicMarkingsArt said...

love the photo of your work in process and your stamps are delightful.

Kira said...

Hey, I think I was the one that gave you that domino with the dragon on it! :)

Anonymous said...

I have that same tiny flower punch too! I live in fear I'll wear it out some day. I have duplicates of some of my favorite tiny punches, just in case they stop making them. That one in particular, is PERFECT, right? :-) (And good to know you have one...:::evil laugh:::)

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I love seeing people's desks! Makes me fee a little better about my own. :)

You should consider linking to WOTT and/or WOYWW blogs.

http://thecraftyfrugalista.blogspot.com/2011/08/wott18-easy-abc-book.html

Post a Comment

Without your comments, I'm just talking to myself! Say something before they come to take me away. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

ShareThis